Tuesday, April 1, 2014

From Another Country?

I feel like a foreigner on blogspot as so much has changed.  During my last post in November I noticed some of the changes but didn't get a chance to look around.  I found I do not like the new way we have to read our news feed from blogs that we follow.

My life has been busy as usual with teaching quiltmaking, line dancing, and computer programs.  My schedule always seems to get jammed packed without a lot of prior notice and I find myself doing the next thing that has to be done.  I'm so glad it's spring as I really need to do a major spring cleaning. I really don't see how that will happen either as I have a few trips planned in the coming months.

I recognize that my blog will be incomplete with finishes as I made a few Christmas gifts and those were on my cell phone which was stolen.  I also noticed that I wasn't keeping up with my Excel spreadsheet of my projects either.  Today I clean that up as best as I could. Time permitting, I will try to add some of the projects I didn't get to share during 2013.

I have been squeezing a little quilting time in my schedule and I have a few finishes to report. This quilt is one I made and donated as a charity quilt.  I used my Studio die cutter to cut the pieces so it was quick and easy to put together. I named this one Jewels.

Tropical Paisleys is my round robin quilt.  I decided to get this one quilted so it wouldn't sit in the pile of quilt tops that need to be completed.  I made the center paisley block; Debra added the paisley embroidery border; Sarah added the drunkards path units; Norma added the sticks border; Cynthia added the final border.  I am very happy with my quilt and it will be hanging in my home in a few days when I switch out my winter quilts.

JSS: Twisting Triangles is a favorite as I got to use some batik scraps.  For some reason I didn't want to mix my batik scraps with my other ones.  Silly, I know.

Butterfly Glow is another favorite!  It's a machine embroidered quilt as you go technique by Eileen Roche of Designs in Machine Embroidery.  While I love the finished project, I didn't enjoy the stitching due to various design issues with the files.  I persevered and change things as needed.  I might do a product review of this product.

Here is a close up of all that pretty stitching!

Tonight I decided to make a collage of the projects I would like to finish next.  I'm hoping that by posting the list, I will get them completed.

I have lots of photos to upload of some WIPs and show-n-tell from scrap quilting club.  Keep your fingers crossed that I come back a few more times this week to post some more! :0)
-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

2 comments:

  1. We've missed you busy lady! Love your quilts! I think he triangle one is kind of 3-D looking. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what you were up to. Good to hear from you. What great projects you managed to sneak in. Hope life eases up for you in the near future. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.